During the summer of 1882 a dream conceived in the minds of about 30 people became a reality. These dedicated people with a pioneering spirit came together with the unifying purpose of serving and glorifying God. They organized the Nazareth Baptist Church in a simple frame building measuring about 45' x 50' not far from the site was to become the present address. It was about 3 years later, in September 1885, that the present address became the property of Nazareth Baptist Church. The fathers of the church, during the 1st decade, were able to recognize the need for far reaching future plans as the church gained prominence and the membership roll grew from the original 30 to about 250. The pastors during this period were Rev. Talton, Rev. McKinney, Rev. Fields and Rev. N.L. Young. It was under the guidance of Rev. Young that the church became incorporated on May 15, 1895. The charter and articles of incorporation were signed by Judge J.A. McIlvaine on July 5, 1895. Another notable event under the guidance of Rev. Young occurred in the Spring of 1896 when the idea of a new building was introduced. A signed agreement states the total sum for the erection of the new church was $2,560.00. Completion was scheduled for November 1896. During the construction of the new building, the church rented the 3rd floor room of the Phenox Row on North Main Street for $5.00 per month. After it's completion, the new church with it's gas lights and oil lamps generated a tremendous amount of enthusiasm.